Wednesday 15 August 2018

All about colour - Perth Festival of Yarn 2018

I love bright colours.  I love pastel colours.  I love neutrals.  I love ALL colours!


Especially when it comes to yarn.  And yarn festivals are a feast for the eyes - especially if you love colour.


But I can't carry colours in my head.  It turns out I'm not the only one as this scientific article explains -  how the brain remembers colour.

So when I bought this souvenir skein by Greta and the Fibres in Barcelona in April, I thought it'd be great with my mini skeins from My Mama Knits I purchased at last year's Perth Festival of Yarn.  But the pinks just don't complement each other.  Too peach.  Too blue. Too  wrong.


But help is at hand - I bought an Adventures in Yarn notebook from Emily at Popcorn and Crocodiles in January after seeing it featured on Instagram.  I've already personalised mine!


Specially designed for knitters, crocheters and fibre crafters, it has lots of space to make notes and plastic pockets to store patterns, business cards etc.  But the most thoughtful features as far as I'm concerned are these yarn loops on several pages allowing me to take my colours with me!


So I don't have to try to hold colours in my head!  Years ago, when I studied mapping, I had to learn colour theory.  It's a complex subject so I really like the inclusion of these colour wheels in the notebook.  So helpful when putting colours together.


I'll be taking my notebook with me to Perth Festival of Yarn next month and visiting the stalls of Greta and The Fibres and My Mama Knits who are both vending there, along with over 70 others. 

I've got some pretty colourful projects in mind for my future knitting such as this gorgeous wrap - Lead The Way by Megan Doherty (photo used with permission)


Find out who else I'll be visiting and what else I'm planning to do at Perth Festival of Yarn in my next post.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Never At A Loose End | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig