Friday 24 August 2018

It's in the bag - Perth Festival of Yarn 2018

When I saw an advert for the ultimate festival shopper I knew I needed this!


The ad was for a crochet workshop to make a clever stowaway bag - perfect for festival yarn shopping!  The workshop was to be held at Baa, a (relatively-local-to-me) yarn shop in Stonehaven which opened its doors to Aberdeenshire's fibre aficionados at the start of this year.  

I'm going to Perth Festival of Yarn shortly.  (I may have mentioned this already.)  I needed a(nother) shopping bag.  I signed up straight away.

So last Friday I spent a productive afternoon at Baa in the company of lovely ladies, including Dorothy, our patient tutor pictured here, who also designed the crochet clam shell bag.  It's no accident I'm positioned between the kettle and the cake!


Fortified by plentiful cups of tea, here's how my wee bag took shape.  I learned some new crochet stitches and construction techniques along the way.  It's always a pleasure to be creative in the company of others and chat with those who share your interests.


All the best workshops include home made cake.  Chocolate and pear sponge?  Don't mind if I do.


And look how much yarn will fit into my finished bag...  Lots!!


Thank you Baa for a great class, delightful company, new skills and a really useful finished project.  I see more of these in my future, possibly as gifts.


Earlier this summer I met Janice Anderson for the first time.  Janice is the owner of Baa'Owner' doesn't really convey the super-powers required to run a local yarn store as a successful small business - knitter extraordinaire, designer, teacher, yarn curator, events manager, accountant, hostess... I suspect the list goes on.  Janice will be taking a selection of her woolly wares to Perth Festival Of Yarn on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th September 2018 - including kits to make Dorothy's Clam Shell Shopper!  

Janice is also a tutor at the festival, teaching Brioche Basics on the Sunday afternoon.  

So look out for Janice at Perth - and me with my brand new shopper, stuffing it full of gorgeous goodies!










Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Never At A Loose End | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig