Saturday 30 April 2022

An Obsession With Soap Dishes

Is two an obsession?  

The Jesmonite soap dish I made in January and blogged about here.  Soap by Essentially You

If I've never made a soap dish in my life, then I make two in two months, you might be well within your rights to ask what's going on?

Last November I signed up to a soap making course taking place this month - that's what!

So, at Christmas, I hinted to Santa that I'd like this fused glass soap dish kit from Molten Wonky.


The kit contains all you need with the exception of a kiln to fuse the glass!  That's why Katie of Molten Wonky includes an envelope so you can send your creation back to her so she can fuse it for you at her studio and send it back to you.  There's very comprehensive instructions provided in the accompanying booklet, as well as on her website.

Look at the contents of that wee bag of jewel-like glass pieces.  I couldn't wait to get cracking.


My crafty partner in crime, Carol, also received a fused glass kit as a gift so we arranged a girl's night to enable us to make our pieces together.  

Here's my initial layout with Carol working away on her design in the background.


Once I was happy with my design, I glued the coloured glass pieces onto the transparent glass base using the PVA glue provided.  It becomes clear as it dries so appears to disappear!


My initial intention was to use only the bigger bits of glass but, as I was finishing, I sprinkled the tiny fragments into the gaps - and I'm really glad I did.


Prior to posting my design back to  Katie at Molten Wonky I filled in as many of the gaps as I could.


I used the robust box containing my kit to send my design back to the Molten Wonky studio then it was  used again to return my fused glass soap dish back to me.  The thoughtfully provided post-paid envelope included in the kit meant all I had to do was some careful wrapping and take a trip to the letter box.

Then wait for the postie to bring me my finished soap dish.


I couldn't have been more delighted with it!  See how the tiny bits look like sprinkled confetti.

Now I can't wait for that soap making course so I can use my soap dishes with my very own soap!





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Never At A Loose End | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig